UFC fighter Nikolas Motta (12-3)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on planet earth, and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter, while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Nikolas “Iron” Motta is a fighter in the completely stacked UFC lightweight division and totally belongs there. He is also the former CFFC lightweight champion. Motta has eight knockouts in his 12 wins.
After grinding on the regional scene as well as circling the UFC with a stint on The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 4, Motta finally got his shot on season four of Dana White’s Contender Series.
Motta defeated Juan Gonzalez to win the vacant CFFC lightweight champion on November 16, 2019. A year later, he defeated Joseph Lowry via unanimous decision to win a UFC contract.
Motta was supposed to make his UFC debut in May of 2021 but had to pull out of the fight with an injury. Now that he is all healthy, he makes his debut against Cameron VanCamp at UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. Spann on September 18.
Motta said in his pre-fight interview that he is “willing to leave in a wheelchair if it means him getting the win.”
Here is a list of UFC fighter Nikolas Motta’s favorite things
- Favorite food – Almond butter
- Favorite drink – Mojito
- Favorite color – Black
- Favorite all time fight to watch – Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard II
- Favorite knockout – Head kick knockouts
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight against Cesar Balmaceda
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Kickboxing
- Favorite submission to practice – Rear-naked choke
- Favorite athlete – Kobe Bryant
- Favorite movie – Harold & Kumar
- Favorite TV show – Supernatural
- Favorite song – Wins & Losses by Meek Mill
- Favorite band or musician – Meek Mill
- Favorite place to travel to – Las Vegas
- Favorite video game- COD Modern Warfare
- Favorite animal – Dogs
- Favorite holiday- Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Workout
- Favorite quote – “Pressure makes diamonds”
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Athletes series.