UFC fighter Jairzinho Rozenstruik (11-1)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter, while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
Jairzinho “Bigi Boy” Rozenstruik is a fighter in the UFC heavyweight division. He is one of the best heavyweight fighters in the world and is currently ranked No. 3 in the UFC’s heavyweight rankings. He has a 90% finish rate with ten knockouts in his 11 wins. If Rozenstruik touches you, there is good chance you are going to sleep.
“Bigi Boy” burst onto the UFC scene fighting four times in 2019. In his second fight in the promotion, he knocked out Allen Crowder in nine seconds, which is the second-fastest knockout in UFC heavyweight history. He would go on to finish MMA legends Andrei Arlovski, and Alistair Overeem as well.
Rozenstruik is coming off of a second-round knockout win of former UFC champion Junior Dos Santos. It was a great rebound win from his first professional loss.
Rozenstruik returns to action for the first time in 2021 against fellow heavyweight phenom Ciryl Gane. The fight was originally set for a co-main event on March 13 but got bumped to the main event on February 27. This will be Rozenstruik’s second UFC main event.
When asked what we should expect from his fight, Rozenstruik said, “Fireworks and to show my best work like always.”
Here is a list of UFC fighter Jairzinho Rozenstruik’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Red beans with rice and chicken (Suriname way)
- Favorite drink – Coconut water
- Favorite color – Red and blue
- Favorite knockout – Jorge Masvidal vs. Ben Askren
- Favorite of your own fights – My nine-second fight vs. Allen Crowder
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Soccer, and basketball
- Favorite submission to practice – Head and arm choke
- Favorite athlete – LeBron James
- Favorite movie – Karate Kid
- Favorite TV show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite song – Champion by Josylvio, Rock Star by Roddy Rich, and 21 questions by 50 Cent
- Favorite band or musician – Damaru & The Love Messengers
- Favorite place to travel to – Aruba
- Favorite video game – Call of Duty and Mortal Kombat
- Favorite animal – Crocodile
- Favorite holiday – New Year’s Eve and Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Soccer AND Chess
- Favorite quote – “To be the best, you gotta beat the best.”
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Athletes series!