UFC fighter Rob Font (18-4)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on planet earth, and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter, while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
No. 3 ranked Rob Font stands out as one of the most exciting fighters in an absolutely stacked bantamweight division. Of his 18 wins, he has ten finishes – eight by knockout and four by submission.
After going 10-1 on the regional MMA scene, he earned his way to the UFC in 2014. Font made his bantamweight debut at UFC 175, where he knocked out George Roop two minutes into round one.
Following his incredible UFC debut, Font has gone 7-3 in the UFC, only losing to the division’s very best. He has three more fantastic finishes included in those seven wins. He knocked out Matt Schnell and Thomas Almeida and submitted Douglas Silva de Andrade.
Font is currently on a three-fight winning streak. After taking the majority of 2020 off as he recovered from a torn meniscus and ACL injury that he suffered at the end of the second round of his win over Ricky Simon, Font returned for the biggest fight of his career thus far. At UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Neal, Font fought No. 3 ranked and former title challenger Marlon Moraes. Font would finish Moraes in under four minutes via TKO.
On May 22, 2021, Font returns to action in his first UFC main event against former bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt. A win over Garbrandt will put him at the forefront of the division.
When asked what we should expect from his fight, Font said, “A second round knockout.”
Here is a list of UFC fighter Rob Font’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Pizza
- Favorite drink – Sprite
- Favorite color – I’m color blind, so…
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Calvin Kattar vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Favorite knockout – My knockout of Thane Stimson
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight vs. Thomas Almeida
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Basketball
- Favorite submission to practice – Flying triangles
- Favorite athlete – Paul Pierce
- Favorite movie – The Pest
- Favorite TV show – Billions
- Favorite song – What You Know by T.I.
- Favorite band or musician – Three Days Grace
- Favorite place to travel to – Vegas
- Favorite video game – Halo
- Favorite animal – Dog
- Favorite holiday – Fourth of July
- Favorite hobby – Golf
- Favorite quote – “The most important thing- number one is, you gotta get rid out doubt. Keep moving forward.”
Check out the rest of my humanizing series.