UFC fighter Ciryl Gane (7-0)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, and — as human beings — have an extraordinarily wide-ranging set of interests. Who are they as people? What makes them tick? What does each athlete have in common with the fans that cheer them on? This series fills in those blanks and gets to the heart of the matter, while exploring what makes your favorite fighters who they are.
With only seven professional wins to his name – four of them in the UFC, Ciryl “Bon Gamin” Gane is already one of, if not the biggest heavyweight prospect in the promotion. The French fighter has only gone to the judges once, and that was against a tough Tanner Boser.
Gane made his professional MMA debut on August 2, 2018, against Bobby Sullivan for the vacant TKO Heavyweight Championship. Yes, you read that right. His first professional fight was for a heavyweight title in a very legitimate organization. He won the fight in the first round via submission.
Gane would defend the heavyweight title two more times before getting the call to the UFC.
“Bon Gamin” would make his UFC debut on August 10, 2018, against Raphael Pessoa. Gane won the fight by submission via arm-triangle choke in the first round.
Gane fought his first UFC fights in four months. He went three rounds with Boser, showing everyone that he has the cardio to do so.
After four-fight cancelations scattered throughout 2020, Gane finally returned to action at UFC 256 against Junior Dos Santos. Dos Santos was a big test, and Gane passed it with flying colors.
Gane returns to action in his first UFC main event against the No. 3 ranked heavyweight Jairzinho Rozenstruik on Feb. 27, 2021.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Ciryl Gane’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Dombré (Typical dish from west indies)
- Favorite drink – Ti’ Punch (Rum-based mixed drink from west indies)
- Favorite color – Black
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield
- Favorite knockout – Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight against Adam Dyczka
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Soccer
- Favorite submission to practice – Twister
- Favorite athlete – Dennis Rodman
- Favorite movie – Fences
- Favorite song – Everything Nice by Popcaan
- Favorite band or musician – Popcaan
- Favorite place to travel to – Asia
- Favorite video game – Call of Duty
- Favorite animal – Dog
- Favorite hobby – Video Games
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Series!