MMA fighter JP Buys (8-2)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
South African flyweight JP “Young Savage” Buys is an exciting fighter that is a must-watch. He has a 100% finish rate in all eight of his wins—four by submission and four by KO/TKO. Buys will have the chance to fight for a UFC contract on Nov. 17, 2020.
This isn’t Buys’ first rodeo as he fought for a UFC contract on season one of “Dana White’s Contender Series.” The fight didn’t go his way in 2017, but he did not let the loss keep him down. Buys rattled off four wins to earn his way back to the contender series.
Buys is coming off a first-round win at LFA 78. He finished Cristian Rodriguez, Jr. via TKO.
Buys was originally supposed to compete on season four of “Dana White’s Contender Series” twice, but visa issues stopped him from competing. With his visa issues all squared away, he returns to action on season four’s final episode. He fights Jacob Silva in the co-main event on Nov. 17, 2020.
When asked what we should expect from his fight, Buys said, “A finish and great performance that will deliver me a UFC contract.”
Here is a list of MMA fighter JP Buys’ favorite things.
- Favorite food – Pizza & Donuts
- Favorite drink – Coffee
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch– Robbie Lawler vs. Rory McDonald II
- Favorite knockout – Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight against Philippe Rouch
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Rugby
- Favorite submission to practice – Guillotine
- Favorite athlete – I don’t currently have a favorite athlete as I’m trying not to idolize anyone.
- Favorite movie – Green Street Hooligans
- Favorite TV show – Vikings
- Favorite videogame – Far Cry
- Favorite song – Footloose
- Favorite band or musician –The Lumineers and Eminem
- Favorite place to travel to – Best place I’ve been to is Vegas
- Favorite animal – Gorilla
- Favorite hobby – Taking my dogs to the lake with my wife
Check out the rest of my series!