UFC Fighter Cory McKenna (5-1)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Cory “The Hobbit” McKenna is one of the best young prospects in the UFC.
At just 21-years-old, McKenna is just getting started. While she had her first professional fight in 2018, her first amateur fight was in 2015, when she was 15-years-old. Wild.
Before getting her shot on “Dana White’s Contender Series,” she defeated Giulia Chinello via TKO at Cage Warriors 105 last year in May.
McKenna was supposed to return five months later at Cage Warriors 108, but her opponent missed weight, and the fight was canceled. Cage Warriors 114 was supposed to be the return of “The Hobbit” however, COVID-19 put a halt to that.
After not fighting for a year and three months, McKenna got the chance to compete for a UFC contract on “Dana White’s Contender Series” in August. Coming in as a slight underdog, she fought the LFA strawweight champion, Vanessa Demopoulos. “The Hobbit” beat Demopoulos via unanimous decision and secured a UFC contract, becoming the first Welsh woman to do so.
McKenna returns to action two months after getting her contract, making up for lost time. She fights fellow 21-year-old phenom Kay Hansen at UFC Fight Night: Felder vs. Dos Anjos on Nov. 14, 2020.
When asked what we should expect from her fight, McKenna said, “I look forward to showing the gains I have made in all aspects of my game and putting on a dominant display in my next outing!”
Here is a list of UFC fighter Cory McKenna’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Peanut butter
- Favorite drink – Coffee
- Favorite color – Purple
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – There are honestly too many to chose from
- Favorite knockout – Joaquin Buckley’s latest knockout was pretty sweet
- Favorite of your own fights – My pro debut against Maria Vittoria Colonna
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Wrestling
- Favorite submission to practice – D’Arce or Guillotine
- Favorite athlete – Urijah Faber
- Favorite movie – How The Grinch Stole Christmas and Matilda
- Favorite TV show – Criminal Minds
- Favorite song – Something Good Can Work by Two Door Cinema Club
- Favorite band or musician – The Kooks, The Wombats, and The Pigeon Detectives
- Favorite place to travel to – Sacramento, California
- Favorite video game – I don’t play video games 😬
- Favorite animal – Dogs
- Favorite hobby – Painting and reading
Check out the rest of my humanizing series.