UFC fighter Miranda Maverick (8-2)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Miranda “Fear The” Maverick is one of the brightest prospects not only in women’s MMA but all of MMA. Oh, and she is only 23 years old.
In her seven wins, Maverick has five finishes, all coming by way of submission, and her two decision wins were dominant.
Before signing to the UFC, she spent all of her career, minus one fight in Invicta FC. In 2019, she won the Invicta FC Phoenix Series 2 flyweight tournament. In the quarterfinal round, she beat Victoria Leonardo via unanimous decision and Shanna Young in the semifinal round via rear-naked choke. Maverick fought DeAnna Bennett in the finals and submitted her in the third round via a rear-naked choke to win the tournament.
Maverick made her long-awaited UFC debut against Liana Jojua at UFC 254 on October 24, 2020. She defeated Jojua via doctor stoppage after opening up a huge cut on Jojua’s face. It was a great win for Maverick and put her on everyone’s radar.
Maverick returns to action at UFC 258 against former top 15 flyweight Gillian Robertson. With a dominant win, there is a good chance Maverick enters the rankings.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Miranda Maverick’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Chocolate chip cookies or cookie dough ice cream
- Favorite drink – Chocolate milk or strawberry lemonade
- Favorite color – Dark red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Weili Zhang vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
- Favorite knockout – I can’t choose
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight against Pearl Gonzalez
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – BJJ
- Favorite submission to practice – Armbar
- Favorite athlete – Georges Saint-Pierre
- Favorite movie – The Croods or any Marvel movie
- Favorite song – Where My Heart Will Take Me by Russell Watson
- Favorite band or musician – Johnny Cash
- Favorite place to travel to – Anywhere with pretty nature
- Favorite animal – A white Siberian tiger or Bald eagle
- Favorite holiday – Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Pencil sketching or anything outdoors
- Favorite quote – “No matter how high I grow in this sport, I’ll always remember who and what I’ve gone into this sport for. I walk into the cage with God as my backing, along with my family, friends, team, and fans. That’s how I keep my head on straight…remember who I am, where I came from, and who I’m inspiring with my actions. As a result, I act with as much integrity and respect as possible, representing moral values.”
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.