UFC Fighter Youssef Zalal (10-2)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Youssef “The Moroccan Devil” Zalal is a fighter in the UFC featherweight division. Zalal had a fantastic first year in the UFC, going 4-1. At 24 years old, he in the crop of fighters that are the future of the UFC.
“The Moroccan Devil” was a mainstay in LFA before coming over to the UFC. After his only two losses in 2019, Zalal has been on a roll, looking unbelievably good. His last fight before signing with the UFC occurred at LFA 79 on Nov. 22, 2019. Zalal landed a flying knee on Jaime Hernandez that most likely earned him a UFC contract.
Zalal made his UFC debut on Feb. 8, 2020 (my 30th birthday) at UFC 247. He kicked off the fight card by defeating Austin Lingo via a unanimous decision. He returned in June, defeating a tough Jordan Griffin, and then two months later, he defeated a debuting Peter Barrett. All three fights have been unanimous decisions, and all three fights have been pretty dominant.
Zalal is coming off his first loss in the UFC. He faced another young fighter, Ilia Topuria and lost via unanimous decision on October 11, 2020, at UFC Fight Night: Moraes vs. Sandhagen.
Zalal took three months off and already back to action. He returns to action against Seung Woo Choi, replacing Collin Anglin, on short notice – something Zala does quite often. They fight on February 6, 2021 at UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Volkov.
When asked what we should expect from his fight Zalal simply said, “Entertainment.”
Here is a list of UFC fighter Youssef Zalal’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Burgers
- Favorite drink – Juice
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Max Holloway vs. Brian Ortega
- Favorite knock out – Conor McGregor vs. José Aldo
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight against Peter Barrett
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Football
- Favorite submission to practice – D’Arce choke
- Favorite athlete – Max Holloway
- Favorite movie – Rush Hour
- Favorite TV show – Blackish
- Favorite song – I Get Money by 50 Cent
- Favorite band or musician – Drake
- Favorite place to travel to – Morocco
- Favorite video game – Call of Duty Modern Warfare
- Favorite animal – Dogs
- Favorite holiday – Christmas
- Favorite hobby – Cooking