Bellator fighter Ed Ruth (8-2)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Ed “EZ” Ruth is one of the best welterweights in the world and the dark horse in the Bellator welterweight division to become champion.
Ruth is a very accomplished college wrestler. He is a three-time NCAA Division I national wrestling champion out of Penn State. If you don’t know what that means, let me just say: He is a STUD and a nightmare of a matchup for anyone mixed martial arts.
“EZ” made his professional debut in Nov. 2016 at Bellator 163, winning by TKO in the first round against Dustin Collins-Miles.
After his debut, Ruth went on a six-fight winning streak before tasting his first defeat to Neiman Gracie. He rebounded from his first loss by winning two straight, including Jason Jackson who is a contender.
Ruth is coming his second pro loss which happened in Feb. 2020 but is looking get back in the win column and keep improving to become that complete martial artist.
Ruth returns to action against Taylor Johnson at Bellator 245 main card on Sept. 11, 2020.
Here is a list of Bellator fighter Ed Ruth’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Salmon
- Favorite drink – Kombucha
- Favorite color – Green
- Favorite all-time fight to watch– Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Marvin Hagler
- Favorite knockout – Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez
- Favorite of your own fights – My fight vs. Chris Dempsey
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Boxing
- Favorite submission to practice – Anaconda choke
- Favorite athlete – Muhammad Ali
- Favorite movie – Watchmen
- Favorite TV show – Vikings
- Favorite videogame – God of War
- Favorite song – Mr. Rager
- Favorite band or musician – Kid Cudi
- Favorite place to travel to – Honolulu, HI
- Favorite animal – Cat
- Favorite holiday- Halloween
- Favorite hobby – Playing Guitar
Check out the rest of my Humanizing Series.