UFC fighter Alex Perez (24-5)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
Alex Perez is one of the best flyweight fighters in the UFC. As of this writing, he is ranked No. 4 in the flyweight division.
After rattling off 17 wins outside of the UFC, Perez got the call to compete on the inaugural season of “Dana White’s Contender Series” in 2017. He fought in week five against Kevin Gray and put him to sleep in the first round via anaconda choke. Perez was awarded a UFC contract for his efforts.
After securing his contract, he returned four months later beat Carls John de Tomas with the same choke that got him his contract. Perez would win two more times before suffering his first UFC loss to Joesph Benavidez, who was ranked No. 3 in the division at the time.
Perez would not let the loss detour him because he fought exactly three months later to the day and hasn’t lost since. Perez is also on a two-fight finish streak, which includes Jordan Espinosa and his most recent win Jussier Formiga.
Perez is coming off a dominant win over Formiga, in which he finished him with leg kicks. Something up until this year was somewhat rare.
Little did he know, but Perez would earn a title shot after his win over Formiga. When Cody Garbrandt fell out of his title fight with flyweight champion Deiveson Figueiredo, Perez got the call.
Perez will fight Figueiredo for the title on November 21, 2020, at UFC 255 in the main event.
Here is a list of UFC fighter Alex Perez’s favorite things.
- Favorite food – Pizza
- Favorite drink – Any soda
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite all-time fight to watch – Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes
- Favorite knockout – I don’t have one.
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – Football
- Favorite athlete – Tom Brady
- Favorite movie – Stepbrothers
- Favorite TV show – Chopped
- Favorite song – Party in the USA
- Favorite place to travel to – Mexico
- Favorite animal – English bulldog
- Favorite holiday – Thanksgiving
- Favorite hobby – Coaching
Check out the rest of my Humanizing series.