UFC Light Heavyweight Sam Alvey (33-13)
MMA fighters are savages. They are the best athletes on the planet earth, however, they are also human and enjoy things just like you and me.
UFC veteran fighter Smilin’ Sam Alvey returns to action on May 9, 2020, at UFC 249 as he kicks off the card against Ryan Spann (17-5).
Alvey hasn’t fought since July of 2019. He was expected to face Shogun Rua on November 16, 2019, at UFC on ESPN+ 22. However, due to a broken hand, Alvey was removed from the fight.
Smilin’ Sam was next expected to return against Khalil Rountree Jr. on March 28, 2020, at UFC on ESPN 8, which would have been Rountree’s retirement fight. Due to COVID-19, the event was canceled.
Thankfully, Alvey got the call and he returns on April 18, 2020, at UFC 249 to which he will fight in an empty arena. He is no stranger to fighting in empty arenas. The 47+ fight vet, fought on season 16 of “The Ultimate Fighter” with his opponent and his coaches in the arena, so UFC 249 will be no different.
Alvey has fought at middleweight most of his career but in 2018 he made the switch to light heavyweight.
Here is a list of UFC Fighter Sam Alvey’s favorite things to do:
- Favorite food – Pizza
- Favorite drink – Mio sweet tea flavor
- Favorite color – Blue
- Favorite all-time fight – Clay Guida vs Roger Huerta
- Favorite sport to watch other than MMA – American Football
- Favorite dream fight – Whoever the champion is
- Favorite athlete – Brett Favre
- Favorite movie – Moulin Rouge
- Favorite TV show – Season 1-9 Simpsons
- Favorite superhero – Superman
- Favorite song – From Now On from “The Greatest Showman” soundtrack
- Favorite band or musician – Garth Brooks
- Favorite place to travel to- Wisconsin
- Favorite animal – The Butterfly – “No ever suspects the butterfly,” Alvey said.
- Favorite holiday- Halloween
- Favorite hobby – Super Smash Bro’s
UFC 249 goes down May 9, 2020, on ESPN+, and Smilin’ Sam Alvey kicks off this historic card.
You can follow UFC Fighter Sam Alvey on Twitter @smilensam
Check out my other Humanizing articles.